The Embassy of Panama to Canada is delighted to invite you to talk about Women Empowerment, Sustainable Gastronomy and Eco-Tourism during a Virtual Master Class with the Panamanian Chef, Patricia Miranda Allen, on Monday, 8th of March, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. by Zoom.
We are going to travel to Volcan Chiriquí. Also known as “ The High Lands” and famous for its Baru Volcano, the highest point in the country and the only place in the world where you can admire both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. In this area, you can visit “La Amistad International Park”, taste freshly made coffee at the producing farms, explore trails and unique hanging bridges on the mountains as well as practicing canopy, rafting, bird watching among other activities.
About Chef Patricia Miranda Allen:
Chef Patricia Miranda Allen will welcome us at her Restaurant “Cerro Brujo Gourmet” that opened its colorful doors 21 years ago in this beautiful town of Volcan. Her good seasoning and the freshness of her cuisine have conquered local and international diners. She proudly says that her restaurant is a one step garden to table because she cultivates her ingredients just next to it.
- In 2012, Chef Miranda wrote the Book “Fogón de Mis Amores” which won the Gourmand Best World Awardsfrom France.
- She was constantly chosen by the French Government to be part the Global Good France Chef list initiative.
- In 2015, she was nominated for “Heroes Por Panamá” Award.
- Since 2017, she has been part of the Zero Hunger 2030, World Food Program with the United Nations.
- Chef Patricia belongs to the distinguished “Plant Forward 50”, the Americas Culinary Institute recognition the top 50 global chefs and restaurant basing their menus on sustainable plant food cuisine.
- Since 2020, she has been a member of “Organización de Bases Comunitarias- Bio Tourism Highlands” that protects National Park “Volcan Barú”.
Miranda Allen is not only a renowned and talented Chef. As she was looking for fresh products for her cuisine, sherediscovered her town, its values, its needs and its people and thus became an entrepreneurial woman.
- In 2011, she founded “Fogón de mis amores” school, where she empowers women from the Ngäbe community,to help them improve their quality of life through sustainable gastronomy.
- She participates actively in the life of her community through programs of her Foundation “Vida Verde Integral” where she is the President; in charge of organizing the “Volcán Verde Integral” Festival to promoteEnvironmental Conservation, Sustainable Gastronomy, Health and Rural Tourism for 10 consecutive years and still going.
- Due to COVID-19 she founded “Tierras Altas Solidarity Kitchen Movement” that has served more than 7,000meals for families in confinement. She also founded “Chefs in Motion Movement” to serve thousands of meals for victims of hurricanes ETA and IOTA.
For more information:
- Twitter and Instagram: @embpanamacan
- Facebook: Embajada de Panamá en Canadá